James Pavey > Irwin Mitchell > Crawley, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
CRAWLEY, WEST SUSSEX
- Go to...
Trained Knights Solicitors; qualified 2001, assistant solicitor 2001-04, partner 2004-11; partner Thomas Eggar LLP 2011.
French and Italian (conversational).
Maidstone Grammar School; St Catharine’s College, Cambridge (MA (Hons)); College of Law (Post Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course).
Shooting, fly fishing, beagling, Travellers’ Club, Sovereign Military Order of Malta.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The team at Irwin Mitchell provides specialist advice to private, commercial and institutional clients in the rural sector. Clients’ needs are dealt with ‘under one roof’ on work which includes high-values tax planning advice and routine tax compliance work, trusts and strategic property advice. It also undertakes tenancies and property management work and assistance on asset structuring and succession planning. James Pavey heads the practice in Gatwick. Iain MacLeod and James Letchford are also recommended.
The planning practice at Irwin Mitchell is particularly highly reputed in mixed-use regeneration schemes involving former brownfield land, where it expertly bridges the gap between planning and development. The group, which is led by Carl Dyer, has recently had an increase in work from clients in the retirement living sector. James Pavey has expertise in contentious planning matters. Another key figure is Nicola Gooch, who is knowledgeable about the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and town and village green issues.
Mixed-use regeneration schemes are a strong point for the team at Irwin Mitchell, with advice spanning all aspects of the planning process including section 106 negotiations, viability reports, affordable housing requirements, and brownfield land regulations. Practice head Carl Dyer has particular expertise with mixed-use and residential-led schemes, developments in the education sector, and retirement living projects. The team advises on high-end residential developments in central London and provides planning-specific expertise on financing agreements and portfolio acquisitions. James Pavey focuses on contentious planning work including planning appeals and statutory inquiries in the High Court.
- Agriculture and estates - South East > Private client
- Leading individuals - South East > Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Planning - South East > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Human resources > Employment: Hampshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Human resources > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex