Iain MacLeod > Irwin Mitchell > Crawley, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
CRAWLEY, WEST SUSSEX
- Go to...
Partner in the property practice group’s rural business and estates team, sports and leisure and charities team. Experienced in acquisition, development, disposal and letting of commercial and agricultural property, acting for investors, property companies, charities, landlords, tenants, farmers and landowners. Notary public.
Trained Freshfields; qualified 1980; equity partner and head of commercial property department and chair of firm’s management committee; Downs 1982-2001; partner Thomas Eggar LLP 2001; trainee principal 2002-04; deputy managing partner 2004-06; head of property division 2006-07; head of property practice group 2007 to 2010. Director of The Lifetrain Trust; Trustee of The Denbies Trust, St Kilda Trust and The William Cole Church Music Trust, chair of The Gatwick Diamond Business Association.
Law Society; Notaries’ Society; Country Land and Business Association (Surrey branch); Agricultural Law Association; The Gatwick Diamond Business Association (executive board member); member of the national Business and Rural Economy Committee of the Country Land and Business Association (CLA).
Portsmouth Grammar School; Oxford University (1977 MA Jurisprudence); College of Law, Guildford (1978).
Choral singing, chair of The William Cole Church Music Trust, past chairman of Guildford Chamber Choir. Former Church Warden, St Martin’s Church, Dorking.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The team at Irwin Mitchell provides specialist advice to private, commercial and institutional clients in the rural sector. Clients’ needs are dealt with ‘under one roof’ on work which includes high-values tax planning advice and routine tax compliance work, trusts and strategic property advice. It also undertakes tenancies and property management work and assistance on asset structuring and succession planning. James Pavey heads the practice in Gatwick. Iain MacLeod and James Letchford are also recommended.
- Agriculture and estates - South East > Private client
- Leading individuals - South East > Private client > Agriculture and estates
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Human resources > Employment: Hampshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Human resources > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex