Claire Howard > Irwin Mitchell > Southampton, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
21 BRUNSWICK PLACE
- Go to...
Claire is head of the Serious Injury team in Southampton and specialise in claims for adults and children who have suffered life-changing injuries, which may include brain or spinal injury. These injuries can result from road accidents, accidents at work, falls from height, defective products or chemical exposure.
Claire has over 20 years of experience and has acted on behalf of accident victims throughout that time. She always ensures that clients receive the rehabilitation they need via co-operation with the defendant insurer, issuing proceedings early and securing court ordered payments or, if liability is disputed, ensuring the NHS provide all available support.
Irwin Mitchell is widely considered as one of the ‘leaders in the field’ for both clinical negligence and personal injury matters. The Southampton team is overseen by office managing partner and mesothelioma expert Guy Darlaston. The clinical negligence group, which is headed by Justine Spencer, handles brain and spinal cord injuries with a specialism in neonatal injury, negligent spinal surgery, and catastrophic neurological injuries. Rebecca Brown is the recommended contact alongside Spencer and has vast experience in representing clients in claims relating to injuries during childbirth. Elsewhere, Claire Howard leads the serious injury team which comprises Andrew Buckham who has expertise on armed forces claims and other military-related matters. Asbestos disease matters are overseen by senior associate Nicola Maier.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex