Claire Howard > Irwin Mitchell > Southampton, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
21 BRUNSWICK PLACE
- Go to...
Claire is head of the Serious Injury team in Southampton and specialise in claims for adults and children who have suffered life-changing injuries, which may include brain or spinal injury. These injuries can result from road accidents, accidents at work, falls from height, defective products or chemical exposure.
Claire has over 20 years of experience and has acted on behalf of accident victims throughout that time. She always ensures that clients receive the rehabilitation they need via co-operation with the defendant insurer, issuing proceedings early and securing court ordered payments or, if liability is disputed, ensuring the NHS provide all available support.
Irwin Mitchell‘s Southampton-based team has an longstanding reputation as one of the leading firms for both clinical negligence and personal injury. Southampton managing managing partner Guy Darlaston acts exclusively for victims of both personal injury and asbestos related diseases; he works alongside Nicola Maier, who leads the asbestos disease team. Claire Howard heads the serious injury team in Southampton, while Andrew Buckham fronts the military injury claims team. Justine Spencer leads the Southampton medical negligence team. The firm also supports clients by offering a support and rehabilitation co-ordinator service, staffed by individuals with a background in nursing, occupational therapy and social work.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire