Rebecca Brown > Irwin Mitchell > Southampton, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
21 BRUNSWICK PLACE
- Go to...
Rebecca has a particular interest in delay in diagnosis of cancer cases and maximum severity claims arising from injuries to children during childbirth and in the neonatal period. She has represented a number of clients who had undergone incorrect treatment for breast cancer and had unnecessary breast surgery.
Rebecca also has expertise in cases concerning sepsis, amputations, brain and spinal injuries (including Cauda Equina Syndrome) and surgical negligence leading to serious bowel and bladder injuries.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Irwin Mitchell is widely considered as one of the ‘leaders in the field’ for both clinical negligence and personal injury matters. The Southampton team is overseen by office managing partner and mesothelioma expert Guy Darlaston. The clinical negligence group, which is headed by Justine Spencer, handles brain and spinal cord injuries with a specialism in neonatal injury, negligent spinal surgery, and catastrophic neurological injuries. Rebecca Brown is the recommended contact alongside Spencer and has vast experience in representing clients in claims relating to injuries during childbirth. Elsewhere, Claire Howard leads the serious injury team which comprises Andrew Buckham who has expertise on armed forces claims and other military-related matters. Asbestos disease matters are overseen by senior associate Nicola Maier.
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - South East > Insurance
- Rising stars - South East > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex