Andrew Parry > Irwin Mitchell > Reading, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
- Go to...
Tax, Trust & Estate
As a partner in the Reading and Newbury teams, Andrew advises private individuals, the owners of rural estates and businesses, trustees of private trusts and charities. He specialise in helping families with inheritance issues, probates, tax and succession planning. Andrew’s work often involves advising on wills, family trusts, powers of attorney and other legal structures.
The rural businesses and estates team at Irwin Mitchell advises private, commercial, and educational clients on matters such as high-value tax planning advice, the development of land, transactional property work, agricultural tenancies, and property management work. Supplementing the Newbury office’s work, the firm opened a new Reading base in 2019, increasing its national reach. Practice leader James Pavey advises on large rural landholdings, environmental issues, and property transactions, amongst other areas. Partner Andrew Parry specialises on inheritance issues, probates, and family trusts.
Having opened a Reading Office in 2019, Irwin Mitchell‘s tax, trust and estates team is able to advise private clients on wills, trusts, powers of attorney, pre and post death inheritance tax matters, capital gains tax, Court of Protection applications and probates. Practice head Sarah Phillips helps individuals and their families with all aspects of succession, tax and asset protection planning. George Merrylees is noteworthy for his cross-border work, frequently acting for French-speaking clients who have settled or are looking to settle in the UK. ‘Exceptionally knowledgeable‘ Andrew Parry is also recommended.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Court of protection
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Insurance > Product liability: claimant
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Employment > Employee/unions
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Employment > Senior executives
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Real estate > Planning
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Employment > Immigration
- Transport > Travel