Rachael Aram > Irwin Mitchell > Sheffield, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
- Go to...
Rachael is head of one of three serious injury teams in the Sheffield office, and is head of spinal injuries for the Sheffield office. She runs a team of solicitors specialising in brain and spinal cord injury work for all work types, such as road traffic collisions, work place accidents and occupiers and public liability cases.
Trained Lanyon Bowdler Solicitors, Shropshire; qualified 2001; serious injury team specialising in brain and spinal cord injury Irwin Mitchell LLP 2002 to date; associate solicitor 2007; partner 2013. Publications of note: ‘Presenting evidence of Neuro executive function deficit at Trial’, Dr Nicolas Priestley, Dr David Manchester and Rachael Aram, JPIL (December 2013 edition).
Law Society; accredited senior litigator APIL, special accreditation by APIL as a brain injury specialist and a spinal cord injury specialist – the only lawyer in South Yorkshire to do so; a trustee and company secretary of Headway Rotherham from 2003-13.
The Dronfield School; Collingwood College, Durham University (1997 LLB Hon); College of Law, York (1998).
Tennis (playing and watching), cinema, cooking and baking.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Personal Injury)
Irwin Mitchell is in ‘a class of its own in terms of expertise and resources‘ and ‘deserves its reputation as a leader in its field‘. The medical negligence team is co-led by Julianne Moore in Sheffield and Sarah Coles in Leeds. Working with Tom Mather, Sarah Rowland, Rachelle Mahapatra and Rachel Roach, they offer huge expertise in complex, high-value claims and handle birth matters linked to cerebral palsy, spinal conditions, adult acquired brain damage and amputation. The team is described as ‘supremely client-facing, fighting fiercely for their clients but also being supportive and empathetic on a human level’. The ‘absolutely fantastic‘ personal injury team, which ‘handles the full range of cases from the individual to the most complicated group action‘ is jointly directed by Adrian Budgen in Sheffield and Sion Kingston in Leeds. Highly regarded for its work in asbestos cases, it has a substantive number APIL accredited individuals, including fatality experts. Other key members of the firm are Louise Jenkins, Carolyn Heaton, Rachael Aram, Tim Annett, Sallie Booth and Ian Toft.
- Leading individuals: Personal Injury - Yorkshire and the Humber > Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant
- Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant - Yorkshire and the Humber > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Construction
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant