Danny Revitt > Irwin Mitchell > Sheffield, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
- Go to...
Business legal services.
Heads the Yorkshire property litigation team based in Sheffield. Advises on all types of property litigation disputes including contentious and non-contentious business lease renewals, dilapidations claims, rent and service charge recovery, disputes over easements, disputes over development agreements, applications for consent to assign/sublet, change use and the eviction of squatters. Specialises in complex landlord and tenant disputes and works for a number of clients with large commercial and residential property portfolios, including major property investors, retailers, developers and property management companies together with banks, insurers, charities, local institutions and educational establishments. Clients include: Thorntons plc; Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd; Dobbies Garden Centres plc; HSS Hire Service Group Ltd; Keepmoat Group; Henry Boot PLC/Hallam Land Management Ltd; Redevco; Max Industrial; British Land; A & J Mucklow; HSBC Trust Company (UK) Ltd; Sheffield Hallam University; Sheffield International Venues/Sheffield City Trust; Jones Lang Lasalle; Countrywide Residential Lettings; Lapithus Management.
Articled Taylor & Emmet; qualified 1990; solicitor Taylor & Emmet 1990-91; solicitor Irwin Mitchell 1991; partner 1999; ADR-accredited mediator 1999; sits on Representative Council of Barnsley and Rotherham Chamber of Commerce.
Property Litigation Association; Association of Northern Mediators.
Endon High School, Stoke on Trent; Sheffield University (1987 LLB Hons); Chester College of Law (1988).
Stoke City season ticket holder; enjoys running, golf, music and films.
Praised for its ‘first-class technical knowledge’, the national real estate disputes team at Irwin Mitchell counts commercial property investors, developers, retailers, corporate occupiers and Sheffield-based institutions among its key roster of clients. Danny Revitt ‘provides great practical advice’ and is noted for his work advising commercial landlords and tenants on portfolio management matters. Other key members of the team include senior associates Lisa Stratford, who focuses on property disputes funded by legal expenses insurers, and Thomas Freeman, who joined from Knights plc in January 2022.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms