Steve Beahan > Irwin Mitchell > Sheffield, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
- Go to...
Experienced commercial dispute resolution lawyer. Since June 2011 has headed the commercial litigation department in Sheffield of 25+ lawyers. The department handles over 2,000 claims per year. Deals with most aspects of commercial and property litigation including professional negligence. Experience of High and County Court matters and a keen advocate of ADR having dealt with numerous mediations. Recent appearance in the Court Appeal included the reported case of Brown-Quinn and Webster Dixon LLP v Equity Syndicate Management Limited. In addition to traditional commercial litigation work, Steven and his team are panel solicitors for a number of well-known insurers dealing with disputes for individuals, businesses and charities who have the benefit of a legal expense insurance policy. Leading commentator on legal issues facing SME’s and jointly responsible of for the identification and development of new legal product offerings to SME community for the business legal services division. In recent years has developed bespoke innovative litigation funding solutions for commercial clients.
Trained Irwin Mitchell; qualified 1996; partner Irwin Mitchell 2005.
Wirral Grammar School; Sheffield University (LLB Hons); College of Law, Chester.
Sport (watching and playing), music, travel.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Construction
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant