Emma Windle > Irwin Mitchell > Sheffield, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
- Go to...
Regulatory and criminal investigations
Emma advises both individuals and companies in relation to a range of regulatory matters on contentious and non-contentious bases. Emma specialises in ‘white collar’ crime and regulatory work. Whilst she has experience of general crime matters, she has worked almost exclusively in the field of financial crime and regulatory law for the past 12 years.
Irwin Mitchell‘s regulatory and criminal investigations group focuses on defence work and has recently handled burglary cases, violent and sexual assault matters, historical sexual abuse, drug offences and road traffic incidents. Team head Paul Haycock divides his time between Sheffield and Manchester, while senior associate Emma Windle is a key name for white-collar crime.
Irwin Mitchell ‘undertakes a large range of matters‘ and ‘the practice has an impressive depth of knowledge of the many regulatory frameworks in which professional disciplinary proceedings arise‘. It covers financial services, medical, healthcare, legal, accountancy, police and law enforcement, along with actuaries, osteopaths and education; its work also includes the criminal, regulatory, employment and public law aspects of investigations. Shah Qureshi heads up the employment and professional discipline team in London. Associate director Paul Haycock and Yogi Amin in Sheffield are also key contacts, while the senior associates to note are Emma Windle and Craig Weston. Team changes include the arrival of Shazia Khan and Emilie Cole from Bindmans LLP, and the departure of Sarah Wallace for Constantine Law Limited in 2019.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in Yorkshire
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire