Margaret Windram > Irwin Mitchell > Chichester, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
THOMAS EGGAR HOUSE
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Tax,Trust and Estate
Margaret specialises in disputes about trusts and wills, and also court of protection work, where there is a dispute involving a potentially vulnerable or elderly person who may lack capacity to make financial or health care decisions for themselves.
She can help people bringing or defending claims about the validity of wills, act in disputes between executors and beneficiaries or claims against the estate, for example under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975.
Margaret is a member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPs), having successfully completed the ACTAPS Diploma Course; she is therefore a registered Contentious Trust and Probate Specialist.
South East > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
Irwin Mitchell ‘s Chichester-based team – ‘a regional powerhouse when it comes to private client litigation’ – is led by Paula James, a ‘canny and tenacious’ partner ‘who represents a serious alternative to a specialist from a London firm’. The national practice is led from Leeds by Paula Myers – other key names in Chichester include highly regarded senior associates Stephen Ireland, Margaret Windram and Samantha Ewing, who joined from Charles Russell Speechlys LLP in May 2022. The team was also recently strengthened by the arrival of former TWM Solicitors practice head Candy Stockton.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire