Lindsay Wise > Irwin Mitchell > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
One St Peter’s Square
- Go to...
Medical law and patient rights.
Head of department for medical law and patient rights at the Manchester Office of Irwin Mitchell LLP, leading a department of 18 fee-earners. Areas of speciality include: birth injury resulting in severe brain injury, fatalities or obstetric injuries to mothers; wrongful births; paediatric injuries; spinal cord injuries ranging in severity, up to tetraparesis with ventilator support; adult brain injuries; fatalities resulting in significant financial dependency claims delays in diagnosis of cancer. To date Lindsay has recovered over £80m in damages for her clients.
Trained Alexander Harris (niche clinical negligence firm); qualified 1996; associate 1998-2000; salaried partner 2000-2003; equity partner 2003-2006; fixed share member heading medical law and patient rights Irwin Mitchell (following merger) 2006 to date.
Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel; APIL; Women’s Society of Lawyers.
Manchester High School for Girls; University of North Wales (1989-1992 BA (Hons) History); College of Law, Chester (1992-1993 Common Professional Exmination; 1993-1994 Legal Practice Course).
Gym, theatre and reading.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Clinical Negligence)
Irwin Mitchell‘s clinical negligence and personal injury departments are ‘exceptional across the board, with quality practitioners at all levels who achieve fantastic results for their clients‘. Jonathan Betts leads the personal injury practice; he works with Catherine Leech , who is a ‘go-to practitioner for spinal injuries‘. Senior associates Matthew Garson and Richard Biggs are also recommended. Kristofer Inskip heads the medical negligence team; Lindsay Wise has extensive expertise dealing with serious brain and spinal injury cases, while Jennifer Cawthorne is recommended for birth injury and delay in diagnosis of cancer claims. Senior associates Dina Lambourne and Margaret Ryan are noted for their stroke and birth injury, and delay of diagnosis claims experience respectively.
- Leading individuals: Clinical Negligence - North West > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - North West > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant