Jonathan Betts > Irwin Mitchell > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
One St Peter’s Square
- Go to...
Managing the serious injury team in the Manchester office of Irwin Mitchell. Expertise in managing complex brain, spinal cord, amputation and orthopaedic injury cases.
Trained Alexander Harris; qualified 2000; partner Irwin Mitchell 2004 to date.
APIL – senior litigator and specialist brain injury litigator.
Newcastle University (1996 LLB Hons); Nottingham Law School (1997 Legal Practice Course).
Photography, golf, skiing.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Personal Injury)
Irwin Mitchell‘s clinical negligence and personal injury departments are ‘exceptional across the board, with quality practitioners at all levels who achieve fantastic results for their clients‘. Jonathan Betts leads the personal injury practice; he works with Catherine Leech , who is a ‘go-to practitioner for spinal injuries‘. Senior associates Matthew Garson and Richard Biggs are also recommended. Kristofer Inskip heads the medical negligence team; Lindsay Wise has extensive expertise dealing with serious brain and spinal injury cases, while Jennifer Cawthorne is recommended for birth injury and delay in diagnosis of cancer claims. Senior associates Dina Lambourne and Margaret Ryan are noted for their stroke and birth injury, and delay of diagnosis claims experience respectively.
- Leading individuals: Personal Injury - North West > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - North West > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant