Bernadette Cheng > Ince > Hong Kong, Hong Kong > Lawyer Profile
4404-10, 44th Floor, One Island East
18 Westlands Road
- Go to...
Banking & finance, Corporate
Bernadette has extensive experience in banking and finance as well as commercial areas.
Bernadette acts for lenders and borrowers in cross-border (including PRC) secured and unsecured syndicated and single loan transactions, project financing, commodities and structured trade financing, and private equity investments. She regularly advises banks and financial institutions on compliance and regulatory matters.
In addition to banking and finance, Bernadette represents clients on a variety of corporate and regulatory matters including M&A, joint ventures, business sales/asset transfers, funds authorisation and compliance, and general commercial transactions.
Prior to joining Ince, Bernadette has advised on following matters:
– Acted for Hong Kong banks on syndicated loans for financing a listed PRC borrower’s production and supply of chemical products.
– Advising and preparing loan documentations for financing a Hong Kong airline company.
– Advising and drafting bank standard documents including bank account opening form, Terms and Conditions and securities documents for newly incorporated bank in Hong Kong.
– Advising local developers on various construction loan transactions.
– Advising and preparing documentation for issuance of financial instruments (i.e. bonds, convertible bonds, rights issues, subscription of shares, placements of shares) for listed companies in Hong Kong.
– Advising and preparing a resumption proposal for a prolonged suspension listed company in Hong Kong.
– Representing licensed money lenders in Hong Kong on the application of money lender licenses including providing legal opinions in relation to the money lender business and operation, drafting loan documents, mortgages and securities documents. Representing a PRC fund house in relation to on-going compliance issues in Hong Kong.
– Acted as a company secretary of a listed company in Hong Kong.
English, Cantonese, Mandarin
The Law Society of Hong Kong