Mohamed El Hawawy > Ince > Dubai, United Arab Emirates > Lawyer Profile
THE MAZE TOWER
10TH FLOOR, SHEIKH ZAYED ROAD
PO BOX 123004, DUBAI
United Arab Emirates
- Go to...
Mohamed El Hawawy
Maritime, Insurance, Aviation & Travel
Mohamed is bilingual and specialises in litigation and dispute resolution, particularly in the shipping, insurance and aviation sectors. He has wide litigation experience before the courts in the Middle East handling civil, commercial and criminal cases. Mohamed qualified in 2004 in Egypt before moving to Dubai in 2011.
Mohamed assists multi-national and local companies on shipping disputes in the Middle East and has advised on numerous cases and casualties in Egypt, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Kuwait. His experience extends to transactional advice, including in relation to bill of lading, logistics agreements, ship mortgage and hire purchase. Mohamed also handles a wide range of insurance matters for clients relating to different kinds of policies, including life, property, liability, marine, political risk and medical insurance. He has experience in reviewing policies and advising insurers, reinsurers and brokers on regulatory issues in the Middle East. He is currently advising on a number of insurance disputes in the region, including insurance coverage and re-insurance disputes. In aviation, Mohamed advises on air carriage disputes, including passenger and cargo carriage, aircraft lease, mortgage and ownership disputes. He has been involved in number of causalities in the Middle East, representing airlines and aircraft manufacturers.
– Collision cases and other casualities in UAE and the region, involving taking steps to set up limitation funds for shipowners in UAE.
– Bunkers disputes including the ones related to the collapse of OW bunker.
– Insurance disputes before courts and arbitration tribunals in UAE. The cases involve disputes on coverage and quantum of indemnities under the UAE law.
– Ships abandonments in Dubai, Sharjah, Fujairah, Khor Fakkan and Abu Dhabi, involving crew claims and the application of Maritime Labour Convention.
– Logistics claims in UAE and the region, involving defending freight forwarders, shipping lines and airlines.
National Association of Freight Forwarders & Logistics
Alexandra University, Egypt
Qualified in 2004
Rania Tadros, Brian Boahene and the Egyptian-qualified Mohamed El Hawawy are the key litigation names at Ince, where a large proportion of mandates stem from the firm’s key specialisms in the maritime and insurance sectors (and the team acts for a number of enviable clients in the latter).(Next Generation Partners)
Rania Tadros, who specialises in disputes, heads the team at Ince, which covers a full range of contentious and non-contentious work spanning debt recovery and vessel finance through to vessel collisions. Clients also recommend Mohamed El Hawawy.
- Next Generation Partners - United Arab Emirates > Shipping
- Shipping - United Arab Emirates
- Dispute resolution: arbitration and international litigation - United Arab Emirates