Mazin El Amin > Ince > Dubai, United Arab Emirates > Lawyer Profile
THE MAZE TOWER
10TH FLOOR, SHEIKH ZAYED ROAD
PO BOX 123004, DUBAI
United Arab Emirates
- Go to...
Mazin El Amin
Dispute Resolution, Regulatory Solutions, Corporate & Commercial
Mazin specialises in advising domestic and international organisations on insurance, shipping and commercial disputes, together with corporate matters under both English and UAE law.
Mazin advises owners and charterers on their rights and obligations under charterparties and in disputes relating to unpaid hire, engine breakdowns, demurrage and force majeure.
He also acts in matters for local and international insurers relating to high-profile fires in the Middle East. His further insurance industry experience includes acting in matters under third party liability, property and business interruption, marine hull and cargo and trade credit insurance policies.
Mazin’s litigation experience includes prosecuting and defending claims before the local courts in the region, in LMAA arbitration, DIFC-LCIA arbitration, and before the DIFC Court and the Dubai World Tribunal.
– Advising a leading local insurer on coverage of the insured under a public liability insurance policy and advise on the insured’s liability following a high profile fire in the Middle East.
– Acting for property insurers and the insured at a major shopping mall in the Middle East.
– Acting for a global reinsurer in DIFC-LCIA arbitration proceedings in a dispute in respect of the remedies available due to a failure of the cedant to comply with its disclosure requirements under the UAE law.
– Advising one of the largest oil and gas producers following a significant loss at its oil & gas plant.
– Advising a global reinsurer on coverage of a claim made by a UAE insurer under a trade credit reinsurance policy.
– Acting for insurers defending a claim for AED 50 million under a Builder’s Risks policy before the UAE local courts following a total loss of a pleasure yacht under construction.
– Acting for and advising shipowners and P&I clubs in charterparty disputes.
– Acting for shipowners in collisions and allisions and advising them under the UAE law and applicable international conventions.
– Acting for shipowners in court proceedings before English High Court and UAE local courts in relation to the Limitation of Liability for Maritime Claims 1976.
– Acting for freight forwarders in air cargo disputes in the Middle East.
Cardiff University, United Kingdom
Qualified in 2018