Emma Tattersdill > Freeths LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
ONE COLTON SQUARE
- Go to...
Planning and Environment
Emma specialises in environmental law including environmental permitting, contaminated land, water and air pollution, odour and noise issues, waste, protected sites and species. As well as assisting clients with all aspects of environmental regulation and permitting, environmental litigation, enforcement action and/or prosecution for environmental offences, Emma advises on environmental constraints within the planning regime including Environmental Impact Assessment. Emma regulary acts for clients in claims for damages or injunctions and in judicial review proceedings and statutory appeal proceedings. Notable reported cases include: Tarmac Aggregates Ltd, R (on the application of) v The Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs & Anor  EWCA Civ 1149
Qualified September 1998. Edge Ellison (solicitor) September 1998- September 2000; Eversheds (associate) October 2000-December 2005; Marrons (principal solicitor) January 2006-August 2013; Freeths (legal director) from August 2013 to September 2015; promoted to partner at Freeths in September 2015 to date.
Educated at the University of Leicester (LL.B (Hons) Law with French), Universite Robert Schumann Strasbourg (Diplome D’Etudes Juridiques Francaises) and College of Law, Guildford.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Freeths LLP handles the complete spectrum of planning and environmental issues across its multiple East Midlands offices, and advises developers and housebuilders on the planning elements of residential, care and mixed-use developments, as well as representing clients in judicial review proceedings relating to nuisance and pollution allegations. From Leicester, the ‘extremely knowledgeable and pragmatic‘ Emma Tattersdill, who is a specialist in waste regulation and contentious issues, leads the environmental team. The Nottingham office houses Paul Brailsford, who leads the team nationally having taken over from consultant Chris Waumsley.
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Real estate > Planning and environment
- Planning and environment - East Midlands > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate