Emma Tattersdill > Freeths LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
ONE COLTON SQUARE
- Go to...
Planning and Environment
Emma specialises in environmental law including environmental permitting, contaminated land, water and air pollution, odour and noise issues, waste, protected sites and species. As well as assisting clients with all aspects of environmental regulation and permitting, environmental litigation, enforcement action and/or prosecution for environmental offences, Emma advises on environmental constraints within the planning regime including Environmental Impact Assessment. Emma regulary acts for clients in claims for damages or injunctions and in judicial review proceedings and statutory appeal proceedings. Notable reported cases include: Tarmac Aggregates Ltd, R (on the application of) v The Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs & Anor  EWCA Civ 1149
Qualified September 1998. Edge Ellison (solicitor) September 1998- September 2000; Eversheds (associate) October 2000-December 2005; Marrons (principal solicitor) January 2006-August 2013; Freeths (legal director) from August 2013 to September 2015; promoted to partner at Freeths in September 2015 to date.
Educated at the University of Leicester (LL.B (Hons) Law with French), Universite Robert Schumann Strasbourg (Diplome D’Etudes Juridiques Francaises) and College of Law, Guildford.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Freeths LLP team, which is based in Nottingham and Leicester, predominantly advises developers and private companies on the planning aspects of commercial, residential and mixed use projects. On the environment side, the firm acts for clients in various disputes brought by the Environment Agency, and it also assists them with obtaining permits and ensuring regulatory compliance. Nottingham-based partner Chris Waumsley focuses on assisting clients with developments across the East Midlands, including PRS schemes. Emma Tattersdill in Leicester specialises in environmental disputes. Paul Brailsford, who works in London and Nottingham, is another key member of the planning team.
- Next Generation Partners - East Midlands > Real estate > Planning and environment
- Planning and environment - East Midlands > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment