Julian Middleton > Freeths LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
ONE COLTON SQUARE
- Go to...
National Head of Employment, Pensions and Immigration.
A highly specialised lawyer, Julian specialises in the ever-changing world of employment law. His main focus is on proactive risk reduction through the client’s internal skill development and the production of a commercial approach to human resource and managing people.
Aldi Stores Ltd;
2 Sisters Food Group Ltd;
British Psychological Society;
British Dieticians Association
De Montfort University
East Midlands Business Ltd
The Royal Air Forces Association
The Chairman and Directors of Leicester City Football Club
The Chairman of Derby County FC
Derby County FC
Julian advises businesses on implementing strategies for creating modern workplaces and delivering the most productive and engaged workforce. This is achieved through internal management training; planning and implementing reorganisations, collective consultations and individual case-handling. Always focussing on securing the best possible commercial outcomes, and maximising financial and reputational gain.
During his career at Freeths, Julian has helped take it from a £2m turnover single-office solicitors practice into the circa £80m turnover 12 city law firm it is today. He has been Managing Partner of the Leicester Office, Managing Partner of the Head Office in Nottingham and National Head of the Employment, Pensions and Immigration Team.
Julian is one of the few solicitors identified by Chambers Guide to the UK Legal Profession as an Eminent Practitioner.
Articled Leicestershire County Council; qualified 1989; partner Freeths 1996; former legal adviser to the Director General of Fair Trading; publications: ‘Franchising in the UK’, Fiscal Studies February 1985; ‘Conditional Fees: A Review of their History and Development’, July 1999.
Alderman Newton’s Boys Grammar School, Leicester; St John’s College; Oxford (MA Politics, Philosophy and Economics); Nottingham Trent Polytechnic (Law); Nottingham Trent University (LLM in Advanced Litigation)
Football (particularly Leicester City FC), motorcycling, cycling and photography.
Freeths LLP is highly active in employment-related litigation and its team is a regular fixture in Employment Tribunal cases. The group also advises on the enforcement of restrictive covenants, injunctive relief, restructurings and TUPE issues. In Leicester, national practice head Julian Middleton and Rena Magdani are the main contacts. Nottingham-based partner David Potter is also a key individual.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment