Mukesh Patel > Freeths LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
ONE COLTON SQUARE
- Go to...
Managing partner, Leicester office. Specialises in commercial litigation. Particular focus on energy sector, financial services, competition law. All types of contractual claims, partnership and shareholder actions, to include warranty actions and injunction applications. Works closely with employment law colleagues on restrictive covenant claims. Acted for Beckett Investment Management Group (BIMG) on their successful appeal to the Court of Appeal in 2007 (Hall/Yader).
Trained Davies Arnold Cooper; qualified 1993. Head of commercial litigation (Leicester) of HBJ Gateley Wareing LLP. Joined Freeths as partner in November 2008.
Leicestershire Law Society; Thursday Club.
Crown Hills Community College 1980-1985; Oxford University, Corpus Christi College (1990 BA in Jurisprudence)
Family, gardening, reading and gadgets.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Freeths LLP ‘s ‘extremely capable and proactive’ Leicester practice acts for international and domestic companies in numerous breach of contract disputes, in addition to insurance, professional negligence, construction and property claims (to name just a few of the firm’s mainstays). Mukesh Patel is particularly well-known for his expertise in disputes in the energy sector. Among his recent highlights, he represented claimant Flogas Britain in various high-value cases involving injunctions, contempt of court actions and challenges to government procurement decisions. Simon Baigent specialises in restructuring and insolvency, as well as property litigation. Emma Anderson is an expert in commercial disputes. Senior associate Richard Fitzmaurice is another notable individual.
- Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands - East Midlands > Dispute resolution
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment