Karen Hargrave > Freeths LLP > Derby, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
CARDINAL SQUARE, 2ND FLOOR, WEST POINT
10 NOTTINGHAM ROAD
- Go to...
Karen is an experienced construction lawyer specialising in procurement and development work.
Karen’s work includes advising on and negotiating procurement strategies, building, engineering and remediation contracts, development agreements, call-off contracts and framework agreements, consultants’ appointments, bonds, guarantees, and collateral warranties. She advises developers, lenders, investors, borrowers, purchasers, tenants, schools and universities. She can help with mixed-use schemes, residential, commercial, office, health centres, and hotel and sports developments. Karen has worked as a lawyer at Freeths since 2001.
Freeths LLP‘s Nottingham team works seamlessly with the firm’s nationwide real estate practice, enabling it to take on work from large corporates and major developers. Chris Holwell focuses on advising all parties in large construction projects on procurement and development. Amy Morley is particularly strong in high-value disputes and mediations arising from issues during construction projects. Holwell recently advised Siglion on the construction contracts underpinning the development of a new council headquarters in Sunderland. Associates John Kelly and Karen Hargrave are also recommended.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment