Sarah Duffy > Freeths LLP > Oxford, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
5000 OXFORD BUSINESS PARK SOUTH
- Go to...
Agricultural and rural land.
Partner handling rural property and development work, acting for farmers, landowners, HNW individuals and landed estates. Advises clients on a full range of agricultural, commercial and residential property matters including acquisitions, disposals and tenancies and the grant of ancilliary rights. Specific experience of drafting conditional contracts and promotion, option and overage agreements, primarily for residential developments but also for renewables projects, and advises clients on the development of green field sites.
Trained at Putsmans (now Shakespeares) 2005-07, qualified 2007, assistant solicitor at Shakespeares 2007-10, moved to Henmans (now Freeths) in 2010 as assistant solicitor, made associate in 2012, senior associate in 2013 and partner in 2015.
Agricultural Law Association (member and fellow); Country Land & Business Association.
Cardiff University (2002 LLB Law); University of West of England (2004 LPC).
Travel, running and mid-century modern architecture and design.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Freeths LLP‘s agricultural team advises landed estates, farming families, educational institution, and charities on all matters of agricultural and property law, including agricultural tax, disputes, environmental law, and the acquisition and sale of listed buildings and high-value estates. Practice leader Iain Davis specialises in the development of greenfield land, while partner Samantha Leigh focuses on strategic estate management. Partner Sarah Duffy advises on agricultural property acquisitions and disposals. She works alongside partner Balvinder Jaj, who addresses secured lending and development at greenfield and brownfield sites. Senior associate Laura Czapski also comes recommended. Director Louise Lewis joined from Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP in June 2019.
- Agriculture and estates - South East > Private client
- Next Generation Partners - South East > Private client > Agriculture and estates
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery