Peter Gavin > Freeths LLP > Stoke on Trent, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
STOKE ON TRENT
- Go to...
Partner, specialising in contentious employment law including wrongful and unfair dismissal, discrimination law, TUPE and enforcement of restrictive covenants – undertakes own advocacy.
With KJD since 1982 and then, following merger, Freeths LLP.
Staffordshire University (LLB (Hons) 2(1); LPC distinction).
Travelling, socialising and generally looking to have a good time.
Freeths LLP acts for a large number of private and public sector clients as well as clients in the educational sector. It has witnessed a significant increase in the volume of employment tribunal claims recently and the team regularly conducts its own advocacy at the employment tribunals. At a national level the team is increasingly acting in complex matters and also has specialist knowledge on the enforcement of restrictive covenants and on obtaining injunctive relief. Other key areas include routinely advising on restructuring, TUPE and issues surrounding the ‘gig’ economy. Rebecca Sawbridge heads the Birmingham offering and Peter Gavin leads the team in Stoke-on-Trent.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment