Jon Smart > Freeths LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
80 MOUNT STREET
- Go to...
Partner, real estate notably heading the care sector team. Wide range of landowner funder and occupier focused transactions and development work for clients including Eddie Stobart, LNT Group, Scotch Corner Designer Village, and Lloyds Bank.
Trained Eversheds LLP; qualified 1995; Eversheds 1993-2003; senior associate Gateley Wareing 2003-04.
Magdalene College, Cambridge (1988-91 MA (Hons) Land Economy); College of Law, Chester (1991-93); College of Law (1999-2000 property diploma).
Football, tennis, travel.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Freeths LLP provides a full-service offering to clients, which includes property finance, residential conveyancing, licensing, and assistance with all stages of regeneration projects and commercial and residential developments. Darren Williamson specialises in portfolio sales and acquisitions, predominantly in the food and retail sectors. Jon Smart focuses on commercial development and funding, areas in which he acts for investors, developers, landowners and occupiers. Guy Winfield is retained by major clients on an ongoing basis in relation to large-scale projects. Most notably, he recently advised Travis Perkins on around 200 assignments of leases. James Clamp and Janet Rhodes are also names to note.
- Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby - East Midlands > Real estate
- Hall of Fame - East Midlands > Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment