Matthew Grocock > Freeths LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
80 MOUNT STREET
- Go to...
Commercial real estate.
Partner specialising in commercial and residential development. In particular: social housing for residential social landlords and lift projects for the development of health centres, as well as options and conditional contracts for development land with or without the benefit of existing planning permission. In January 2014 Matthew represented Greensquare, completing the first lease and leaseback of social housing with Aviva’s REALM Fund since the HCA’s regulatory judgment concerning the Cosmopolitan Housing Group, agreeing the terms of the HCA’s consent directly with the HCA.
Qualified 1995. Trained at RAC Symes & Co 1993-95; RAC Symes & Co 1995-99; Eversheds, Nottingham 1999-2003; Sills & Betteridge, Lincoln 2003-04; Freeths LLP 2005 to date (partner since 2008).
Edlington Comprehensive School, South Yorkshire; Leeds University (Law LLB).
Freeths LLP operates at the top end of the social housing market, and its breadth and depth of expertise ensures that it wins premium work from arms-length management organisations (ALMOs), registered housing providers and developers, among other clients. Matthew Grocock and consultant Gary Reynolds co-head the practice in Nottingham, which provides a comprehensive range of services to clients, including property development, securitisation, planning, construction and procurement. One area of growth has seen the team increasingly being sought-out to assist with negotiating portfolio transactions. Stephen Pearson is another notable partner in the team. Principal property manager Sarah Rowe, and senior associates Rachel Clarke and Claire Bennett, collectively have over 38 years of experience of the social housing sector.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Human resources > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Local government
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Environment & planning
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate