Ian Rowson > Freeths LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
80 MOUNT STREET
- Go to...
Partner in real estate development, dealing primarily with commercial property development and property finance for a range of developers, financial and educational institutions end users and public sector bodies and advising in relation to distressed property transactions. Notable transactions this year have included: advising Metropolitan Borough of Solihull in relation to a highly complex development agreement relating to an extension to the Touchwood Shopping Centre; advising a developer in relation to the purchase of a 200 acre estate from an administrator; advising Loughborough University in relation to a complex deal to take place at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London.
Trained Trowers and Hamlins 1980-82; Branson Bramley, Sheffield 1982-86; partner Branson Bramley, Sheffield 1984; group legal adviser Brosely Estates Ltd 1986-88; Paisner and Co, London 1988-95; senior associate Freeths LLP 1998; partner 2001.
Mexborough Grammar School, South Yorkshire; Reading University (LLB (Hons)).
Golf, running, most sports, theatre and family, member of Notts Golf Club.
The local government team at Freeths LLP provides strategic advice to councils on regulatory matters, property issues, and city centre redevelopments. Practice head Nathan Holden is a key resource for property projects while Stephen Pearson deals primarily with outsourcing arrangements. Ian Rowson and Clive Pearce focus on development and urban regeneration projects. Planning partner Robert Bruce deals with compulsory purchase and compensation matters, while managing associate Jennifer Roe advises on planning appeals. The firm expanded its practice with the addition of partners Duncan Tringham and Dan Cuthbert in 2020 from Foot Anstey and Burges Salmon LLP, respectively.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate