John Kelly > Freeths LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
80 MOUNT STREET
- Go to...
An experienced dispute lawyer, John specialises in complex construction defects cases, including dealing with matters of professional negligence. He also has significant experience in bringing and defending construction adjudications on matters of termination, payment, extension of time and defects.
John has growing experience with international construction disputes. He has been involved within the construction industry since leaving school in 1982, until re-training as a solicitor in 2000 focusing solely on construction law.
John’s in-depth sector knowledge is a significant advantage in assessing a client’s position. It allows John to work efficiently with his clients and enables him to obtain a quick grasp on the issues to be resolved. John is frequently brought in to assist on problem projects to help guide the project team, protecting a client’s position against a back drop of a live contract.
Beachcroft Wansborough, Berryman, Freeths
Degree in Quantity Surveying and Construction Economics, DIP.LAW, DIP.ADJUDICATION
Freeths LLP‘s Nottingham team works seamlessly with the firm’s nationwide real estate practice, enabling it to take on work from large corporates and major developers. Chris Holwell focuses on advising all parties in large construction projects on procurement and development. Amy Morley is particularly strong in high-value disputes and mediations arising from issues during construction projects. Holwell recently advised Siglion on the construction contracts underpinning the development of a new council headquarters in Sunderland. Associates John Kelly and Karen Hargrave are also recommended.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment