Jason Richards > Freeths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
3RD FLOOR, THE COLMORE BUILDING
20 COLMORE CIRCUS, QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Jason is a senior commercial contracts and projects lawyer with extensive experience in the Energy & Natural Resources and Health & Care sectors. He qualified as a solicitor in 2000, and he advises both public and private sector clients on domestic and international programs.
He is ranked in the “Legal 500” as a specialist healthcare lawyer. Jason also spent several years practising as a corporate lawyer and has led on a series of corporate acquisitions, management buy-outs, share and asset sales and purchases, joint ventures and restructurings.
Freeths LLP‘s corporate team in Birmingham is led by Lee Clifford, who is also the national head of private equity. Clients range in size from SMEs to multinational companies. The group’s work includes M&A and private equity transactions, restructurings, MBOs and MBIs. Tom Brown led the advice to Funeral Partners Limited on its acquisition of Funeral Services Northern Ireland Limited from Co-operative Group Holdings (2011) Limited in 2019. Mark Neale heads up a separate specialist commercial group, which handles large-scale, transformational projects. Nigel Gardner, Kirstin Roberts and Jason Richards are also recommended for their commercial law expertise. Ateeq Ahmed joined PwC.
With ‘responsiveness, knowledge and experience and value for money‘, Freeths LLP advises leading infrastructure investors including Dalmore Capital, Equitix and Engie Services on PFI, PPP and refinancing transactions. Stoke-based group head James Larmour is a key name for PFIs, PPPs, joint ventures, outsourcings and M&A deals relating to offshore transmission and battery storage projects, energy efficiency matters and smart power issues. In the Birmingham office, Jason Richards and Kirstin Roberts focus on renewable energy matters, energy supply issues, grid support services and the deregulation of the water market.
- Corporate and commercial: Birmingham - West Midlands > Corporate and commercial
- Energy, project finance and PFI - West Midlands > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment