Alison Heathcote > Freeths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
3RD FLOOR, THE COLMORE BUILDING
20 COLMORE CIRCUS, QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Alison is a construction lawyer who specialises in non-contentious building procurement matters. Her experience includes work for both the private and public sector organisations.
Alison has experience and expertise in drafting and amending building and engineering contracts, including all versions of the JCT suite of contracts and NEC and institutional forms of contract.
She also advises on the drafting and amendments of consultant’s appointments (industry standard and bespoke), warranties, bonds, guarantees, development and funding agreements, agreement for leases, novation agreements and ancillary project documentation.
Alison has previously spent five years working in the public sector for two different County Councils. Her experience there includes advising on public procurement procedures and issues such as state aid, internal governance, and the setting up and operation of framework agreements.
Drawing on its considerable national network of offices, Freeths LLP enjoys a strong reputation in the energy construction space, working with numerous blue-chip corporates, utilities providers, and lenders. Focusing chiefly on non-contentious construction matters and renewable energy projects, practice chair Perveen Akhter advises widely on regionally significant developments, while managing associate Alison Heathcote works with public and private sector entities on building contracts and other procurement matters. On the contentious front, Alex Johnson specialises in cross-border dispute resolution and international arbitration, representing clients in the oil and gas, process plant, and infrastructure sectors. Managing associate Stephen Evans, a disputes specialist, joined the team from Squire Patton Boggs in November 2021.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Property litigation