Kirstin Roberts > Freeths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
3RD FLOOR, THE COLMORE BUILDING
20 COLMORE CIRCUS, QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Energy and Waste
Kirstin is a Chartered Waste Manager with the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM), Midlands Representative to the CIWM Members Council and Secretary of the Midlands Centre Council of CIWM.
She is an experienced commercial lawyer of 23 years standing, who has worked with businesses in the Waste and Renewables sector for over 15 years, including two 6-month secondments with FCC Environmental (one of the UK’s biggest Waste companies).
Kirstin advises companies at all levels of the industry, advising on disputes and agreements in connection with EfW plants, reviewing and negotiating publicly procured contracts such as collections or treatment agreements with localauthorities, advising on offtaker arrangements, feedstock arrangements, haulage agreements, and advice in connection with Combined Heat and Power plants.
Having also spent over 2 years as Head of Legal at an Internet & Telecoms plc, she is therefore, used to working with Ops Boards and in-house lawyers, operating as one of the in-house team.
Led by James Larmour, Freeths LLP‘s practice focuses on advising infrastructure funds and asset management companies on funding and development matters in the energy and education sectors, including the financing and refinancing of energy and infrastructure projects and the procurement of contracts. Waste and renewables industry specialist Kirstin Roberts joined from Gateley Plc in September 2018.
Traditionally strong in the renewable sector, Freeths LLP recently increased its offering with the October 2018 hire of waste sector expert Kirstin Roberts, who joined as a director from Gateley Plc. The team regularly acts for developers, energy suppliers, operators and investors on a variety of contentious and non-contentious matters, including renewable energy projects, acquisitions and disposals, energy supply and offtaker agreements. Former partner Catherine Burke left in May 2018 to join client Metka-EGN as general counsel.
- Project finance and PFI - West Midlands > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Energy - West Midlands > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham