Kirstin Roberts > Freeths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
3RD FLOOR, THE COLMORE BUILDING
20 COLMORE CIRCUS, QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Energy and Waste
Kirstin is a Chartered Waste Manager with the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM), Midlands Representative to the CIWM Members Council and Secretary of the Midlands Centre Council of CIWM.
She is an experienced commercial lawyer of 23 years standing, who has worked with businesses in the Waste and Renewables sector for over 15 years, including two 6-month secondments with FCC Environmental (one of the UK’s biggest Waste companies).
Kirstin advises companies at all levels of the industry, advising on disputes and agreements in connection with EfW plants, reviewing and negotiating publicly procured contracts such as collections or treatment agreements with localauthorities, advising on offtaker arrangements, feedstock arrangements, haulage agreements, and advice in connection with Combined Heat and Power plants.
Having also spent over 2 years as Head of Legal at an Internet & Telecoms plc, she is therefore, used to working with Ops Boards and in-house lawyers, operating as one of the in-house team.
With a ‘depth of knowledge and experience’ in the sector, Freeths LLP provides a full-service offering to clients engaged in infrastructure and energy projects, with particular expertise in transactions underpinning major developments. ‘Great commercial lawyer’ James Larmour specialises in the refinancing of PPP projects and PFI secondary market transactions, while Jason Richards has a strong renewable energy practice, encompassing solar, onshore wind and battery storage developments. The ‘excellent’ Kirstin Roberts is noted for her comprehensive knowledge of energy from waste projects.
Freeths LLP has dedicated departments for both commercial and corporate matters; Lee Clifford, a private equity specialist, oversees the former while IT and data expert, Mark Neale, fronts the latter. The corporate team handles a varied caseload which consists of M&A, MBO and MBI, private equity and transactional due diligence matters in addition to corporate restructurings and reorganisations. As for Neale’s practice, his team is proficient in the full array of commercial contract affairs, particularly those pertaining to the retail, transport and logistics, construction, manufacturing, drinks, hospitality and leisure industries. Kirstin Roberts is ‘an absolute stand-out’, supplying the team with a first-rate knowledge of the waste and sustainability sector.
- Corporate and commercial: Birmingham - West Midlands > Corporate and commercial
- Energy, project finance and PFI - West Midlands > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Property litigation