Mike Gilmour > Freeths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
3RD FLOOR, THE COLMORE BUILDING
20 COLMORE CIRCUS, QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Partner and office head of insolvency department. Specialising in corporate and personal insolvency acting for funders, insolvency practitioners and corporates.
Trained Turbervilles; qualified 1997; solicitor Eversheds; partner Harrison Clark; partner Clarke Willmott; partner Freeths 2010.
Law Society; R3 (Assoc of Business Recovery Professionals).
South Bromsgrove High School; Brunel University (1994 First Class Hons); College of Law, York (1995 (Distinction)).
Cricket, golf, Middlesbrough FC, supporter.
Freeths LLP has a well-established reputation for contentious insolvency and asset recovery work led by Mike Gilmour, who has many year of experience handling litigation relating to corporate failures and bankruptcy. The ‘technically excellent, commercially savvy and cost-effective‘ practice received a significant boost in August 2020 with the arrival of John Jeffreys, formerly of DLA Piper; he is tasked with overseeing the firm’s expansion into the non-contentious front, leveraging his renowned expertise in transactional, restructuring, accelerated M&A, formal insolvency procedure and distressed property affairs.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Property litigation