Lee Clifford > Freeths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
3RD FLOOR, THE COLMORE BUILDING
20 COLMORE CIRCUS, QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Lee has extensive experience in advising companies, institutional investors and management teams in the structuring, negotiation and financing of purchases and sales. Lee’s particular specialist area is private equity transactions. Lee’s clients include LDC, Maven Private Equity and Finance Birmingham. Lee has recently acted for LDC on their investment to support the management buy out of Forest Holidays, advised on the Investor buy out by Inflextion Private Equity of CTC Aviation. Lee also advised Maven Private Equity on its investment in Lawrence Recycling and Waste Management and advised the management team of Halfords when on the management buy out, supported by CVC.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Freeths LLP‘s corporate team in Birmingham is led by Lee Clifford, who is also the national head of private equity. Clients range in size from SMEs to multinational companies. The group’s work includes M&A and private equity transactions, restructurings, MBOs and MBIs. Tom Brown led the advice to Funeral Partners Limited on its acquisition of Funeral Services Northern Ireland Limited from Co-operative Group Holdings (2011) Limited in 2019. Mark Neale heads up a separate specialist commercial group, which handles large-scale, transformational projects. Nigel Gardner, Kirstin Roberts and Jason Richards are also recommended for their commercial law expertise. Ateeq Ahmed joined PwC.
- Leading individuals - West Midlands > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial: Birmingham - West Midlands > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment