Stuart Lester > Freeths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
3RD FLOOR, THE COLMORE BUILDING
20 COLMORE CIRCUS, QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Stuart advises across the full spectrum of Intellectual Property (IP) rights. These include copyright, trade marks, passing off rights, databases, designs, patents and confidential information.
From a contentious side, his experience ranges from the resolution of IP infringement disputes at an early pre-action stage, through to litigation in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court and IPEC Small Claims Court. He also specialises in trade mark oppositions at the UKIPO and EUIPO, as well as domain name and company name disputes at NOMINET, WIPO and the Company Names Tribunal.
From a non-contentious side, Stuart specialises in the provision of strategic IP advice, trade mark filings, product clearance, advertising and marketing issues as well as corporate transactional work.
Before joining Freeths, Stuart worked in-house for an American multinational entertainment company in the City where he also specialised in Intellectual Property. He is also a fluent Dutch speaker.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham