Andrew Cave > Hunt & Coombs LLP > Peterborough, England > Lawyer Profile
Hunt & Coombs LLP Offices
35 THORPE ROAD
- Go to...
Andrew is an experienced high-level advocate who specialises in complex crime, high-value fraud and mental health. He has carried out business defence and prosecution work for a wide range of companies and organisations as well as representing individuals in challenging criminal and mental health matters. Andrew holds Higher Rights of Audience in both criminal and civil courts and was admitted to the Bar in 2009 as a member of Grey’s Inn. He regularly advises and represents individuals who are charged with motoring offences. He and the team have an excellent track record of saving driving licences even where a client has reached the maximum number of points. Andrew has represented a number of the firm’s business clients in this area and is skilled in the often complex legal arguments which can be used to defend a case.
Qualified 2002; trained Hunt & Coombs Solicitors; partner 2009, Andrew has spent his career at Hunt & Coombs Solicitors. President of the Peterborough and District Law Society from March 2014 and re-elected for a second term. Partner of Hunt & Coombs Solicitors
Duty Solicitor Scheme; Law Society Mental Health Accreditation Scheme.
Jack Hunt School, Peterborough; Nottingham Trent University (1999 LLB (Hons)); de Montford University (2000 LPC).
Golf, Peterborough Hockey Club.
The health and safety practice at Hunt & Coombs LLP in Peterborough has two highly knowledgeable and long-serving crime partners in Simon Milburn and Andrew Cave. It offers a full service to both individuals and corporate clients, who appreciate the strong advocacy skills of the key partners. Milburn handles both prosecution and defence work, while Cave handles a high volume of motoring and vehicle licence offence prosecutions.(Leading individuals)
‘What makes this practice unique is the depth of experience in the team and how closely they work together‘, remarks a client of Hunt & Coombs LLP, which is regarded as ‘one of the leading firms in the Peterborough/Cambridge area and deservedly so‘. Andrew Cave and Simon Milburn, who has particular expertise in prison law, lead the practice. Cave and senior associate Richard Boucher are mental health law specialists. The firm handles Legal Aid and privately funded cases, which last year included motoring offences, proceeds of crime matters and serious violent crimes. Criminal law clerk Glenda Hair also plays a pivotal role in the practice.(Leading individuals)
Hunt & Coombs LLP in Peterborough has a large team of specialist crime lawyers. Andrew Cave and Simon Milburn lead the practice, which handles complex fraud and corporate defence work. Its recent caseload includes matter relating to boiler room fraud, money laundering and fraud by abuse of position. The practice is supported by highly respected criminal law clerk Glenda Hair, who has more than 40 years’ experience in the courts, and barrister Mauro Maselli.
- Crime: fraud - East Anglia > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Crime: general - East Anglia > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Health and safety - East Anglia > Human resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Peterborough
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Peterborough
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Peterborough
- Private client > Family
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Property litigation