Naina Tilney > Hunt & Coombs LLP > Peterborough, England > Lawyer Profile
Hunt & Coombs LLP Offices
35 THORPE ROAD
- Go to...
Naina joined Hunt & Coombs Solicitors in 2014 as a director and head of the personal injury/commercial litigation team. This resulted from the merger with Balfour Law Limited, a successful niche litigation practice which Naina set up in 2007, where she practiced as managing director. Since qualifying in 1989, Naina has worked exclusively in civil litigation with a strong bias in personal injury. Whilst at Balfour Law, Naina developed the only defendant insurer litigation practice in Peterborough, successfully defending employers liability, public liability and professional negligence claims for a number of insurers. Naina’s reputed no-nonsense commercial approach suits her insurer clients as she sets realistic reserves, operates within service level agreements and provides timely, cost-saving results. Naina has used these skills in the high-volume, complex, serious injury cases she deals with for claimants, where she has achieved large settlements in ‘record time’ as she combines her specialist knowledge and experience with her business minded organisational skills to ensure the case is progressed efficiently with the best outcome for the client.
Naina now partner and head of personal injury at Hunt & Coombs Solicitors was previously managing director of Balfour Law until April 2014. She had set up the firm in 2007, prior to that Naina was equity partner at Buckles, where she had worked from articled clerk in 1987, qualified in 1989, then salaried and then equity partner. She left in 2002.
Association of Personal Injury Lawyers.
Barrs Hill School, Coventry; University of East Anglia (LLB Hons), College of Law, Chester (1986).
Keep fit classes, entertaining, theatre, ballet and musicals. Good food!
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Hunt & Coombs LLP focuses on high-value and complex cases and deals purely with multi-track claims. Practice head Naina Tilney, who handles both claimant and defendant matters, has 30 years’ experience in personal injury law. During the last five years, she has helped the firm increase its flow of serious injury work by 900%, handling cases with damages ranging from £100,000 up to £9.5m. Her practice includes rising star Richard Moon, who handles brain, orthopaedic and psychiatric injury matters, and has a particular interest in cases involving chronic pain disorders.
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Personal injury: claimant - East Anglia > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Peterborough
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Peterborough
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Peterborough
- Private client > Family
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Property litigation