Anna Spriggs > Hunt & Coombs LLP > Peterborough, England > Lawyer Profile
Hunt & Coombs LLP Offices
35 THORPE ROAD
- Go to...
Anna has extensive experience in commercial property having helped businesses ranging from multi-million pound commercial enterprises, particularly in the retail sector, to ecclesiastical property funds and small local charities. As well as broad property skills, Anna also has significant specialist experience in ecclesiastical law and charity law.
Qualified 1988, trained Breeze & Wyles and Percival & Son. Director Hunt & Coombs Solicitors. Since 1995 Anna has been assistant coroner for Peterborough and was appointed Bishops Legal Secretary and Registrar of Peterborough Diocese in October 2014. She is also a trustee of the Peterborough Cathedral Development and Preservation Trust. She is Senior Partner and heads the non-contentious department at Hunt & Coombs Solicitors.
Agricultural Law Association, the Charity Law Association and the Ecclesiastical Law Society.
Peterborough High School; Hull University (1985 LLB (Hons)); College of Law Guildford (1986).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Hunt & Coombs LLP handles high-value real estate work for businesses, charities and other organisations, as well as individuals. The practice is geared towards landed estates, private clients, institutional lenders, not-for-profit entities, developers and statutory bodies. Practice head Anna Spriggs deals with the sale and acquisition of church, charity and development land, as well as leasehold and freehold commercial sales and purchases. Legal executive Sarah Morris handles landlord and tenant matters, as well as advising both lenders and borrowers on property finance.
Legal executive Lesley Milne is a member of the Property Litigation Association and leads the practice at Hunt & Coombs LLP in Peterborough, with the support of commercial property partner Anna Spriggs. The practice is highly regarded in the local market for its work on restrictive covenants in respect of both residential and commercial property, lease renewal matters for both landlords and tenants, property-related trust disputes, TOLATA claims, dilapidations and possession claims, and matters relating to boundaries and rights of way. ‘The team was refreshingly straightforward, with no legal jargon that went over our heads‘, remarks a client.
Hunt & Coombs LLP is well known in the local area for business asset sales and purchases, shares sales and purchases, commercial agreements, joint ventures and general advice on company law. Lead partner Anna Spriggs counts local companies, charities and ecclesiastical institutions among her clients, for whom she also handles commercial property transactions.(Leading individuals)
Hunt & Coombs LLP has two knowledgeable charity lawyers in Peterborough-based Anna Spriggs, who is a Diocesan Registrar and has in-depth knowledge of ecclesiastical law, and Oundle-based head of private client Paddy Appleton. The firm frequently handles property matters, wills, trusts and charitable status issues. Spriggs and consultant Lynne Ayres are trustees of Peterborough Cathedral Development and Preservation Trust.(Leading individuals)
Hunt & Coombs LLP has three long-serving and knowledgeable specialist partners who have extensive experience in dealing with rural estates. Agricultural property expert Anna Spriggs and wills, trusts and probate specialist Henry Anstey in Peterborough, and Paddy Appleton in Oundle, who handles tax planning, trusts and estates, are the key names in a practice that acts for numerous landed estates. Last year, the firm handled the refinancing of landed estates with a combined value in excess of £10m.
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Real estate > Commercial property: Peterborough
- Agriculture and estates - East Anglia > Private client
- Charities and not-for-profit - East Anglia > Private client
- Commercial property: Peterborough - East Anglia > Real estate
- Corporate and commercial: Peterborough - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial
- Property litigation - East Anglia > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Peterborough
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Peterborough
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Peterborough
- Private client > Family
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Property litigation