Haydon Simmonds > Howes Percival LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
3 THE OSIERS BUSINESS CENTRE
- Go to...
Corporate, Commercial and Banking
Haydon is a Banking & Finance lawyer with a breadth of experience across a wide range of domestic and cross-border corporate banking and real-estate finance transactions.
Haydon advises lenders (including banks, funds, alternative lenders and private capital) and borrowers (both corporates and sponsors) on leveraged and acquisition financings, general corporate banking, real-estate investment and development transactions.
Haydon joined Howes Percival in January 2019.
- 2019 – Present: Howes Percival LLP, Partner
- 2018: Spearing Waite, Partner
- 2016: Addleshaw Goddard, Associate
- 2012 – 2015: Gateley, Associate
- 2006 – 2012: Shoosmiths, Trainee & Solicitor
With its main office in Leicester, Howes Percival LLP‘s banking and finance practice specialises in real estate finance and management buy-outs. Haydon Simmonds advises lenders (including large banks) and borrowers on leveraged and acquisition finance, corporate banking and real estate transactions. Simmonds co-heads the practice with Ian Ilersic, who was hired from Deutsche Bank in 2019 and is based in Milton Keynes.
In 2019, Howes Percival LLP‘s team expanded significantly, with corporate partners Jahid Ali and Oliver Brookshaw joining the practice from Spearing Waite alongside banking specialists Haydon Simmonds (also of Spearing Waite) and Ian Ilersic (former Head of Legal at Deutsche Bank). The firm predominantly advises medium and large corporates on M&A, investments, joint ventures and commercial agreements. In a recent work highlight, Daniel Banton served as lead adviser to vendor group Persian Properties Limited on the sale of the entire share capital of Station Road Developments (Management) and SRD (Trading). ‘Exceptionally talented’ partner Gerald Couldrake continues to regularly act for selling shareholders in various industries.
- Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands - East Midlands > Corporate and commercial
- Banking and finance - East Midlands > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation