Oliver Brookshaw > Howes Percival LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
3 THE OSIERS BUSINESS CENTRE
- Go to...
Corporate, Commercial and Banking
Oliver specialises in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and quoted company work. He also advises on the establishment of venture capital and other funds and on related financial services issues. He has advised public companies on flotations, secondary share issues and takeovers and also regularly advises quoted and other companies on corporate governance and regulatory issues.
- 2019 – Present: Howes Percival LLP, Partner
- 2017 – 2018: Spearing Waite, COO and Partner
- 2014 – 2017: Spearing Waite, Partner
- 2012 – 2013: Shoosmiths, Partner
- 2001- 2012: Shoosmiths, Head of Corporate Group
- 1991 – 2001: Shoosmiths, Partner
Howes Percival LLP continues to invest and grow its corporate and commercial practice, recruiting Leicester-based Paula Dumbill from Browne Jacobson LLP in June 2021 to head its commercial practice. Matthew Thompson was also promoted to lead its Northampton corporate team and the team has also added a number of senior associates to further bolster its bench strength in M&A, commercial contracts and technology. Other key sectors include automotive, food and drink, healthcare and manufacturing. Jahid Ali heads the corporate department, specialising in venture capital and private equity transactions while Oliver Brookshaw is experienced in public company work. Gerald Couldrake is another key Northampton-based partner.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Property litigation