Oliver Brookshaw > Howes Percival LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
3 THE OSIERS BUSINESS CENTRE
- Go to...
Corporate, Commercial and Banking
Oliver specialises in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and quoted company work. He also advises on the establishment of venture capital and other funds and on related financial services issues. He has advised public companies on flotations, secondary share issues and takeovers and also regularly advises quoted and other companies on corporate governance and regulatory issues.
- 2019 – Present: Howes Percival LLP, Partner
- 2017 – 2018: Spearing Waite, COO and Partner
- 2014 – 2017: Spearing Waite, Partner
- 2012 – 2013: Shoosmiths, Partner
- 2001- 2012: Shoosmiths, Head of Corporate Group
- 1991 – 2001: Shoosmiths, Partner
In 2019, Howes Percival LLP‘s team expanded significantly, with corporate partners Jahid Ali and Oliver Brookshaw joining the practice from Spearing Waite alongside banking specialists Haydon Simmonds (also of Spearing Waite) and Ian Ilersic (former Head of Legal at Deutsche Bank). The firm predominantly advises medium and large corporates on M&A, investments, joint ventures and commercial agreements. In a recent work highlight, Daniel Banton served as lead adviser to vendor group Persian Properties Limited on the sale of the entire share capital of Station Road Developments (Management) and SRD (Trading). ‘Exceptionally talented’ partner Gerald Couldrake continues to regularly act for selling shareholders in various industries.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation