Jahid Ali > Howes Percival LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
3 THE OSIERS BUSINESS CENTRE
- Go to...
Corporate, Commercial and Banking
Jahid deals with all aspects of corporate transactions working with a wide spectrum of clients. He has particular expertise in acquisitions and disposals of companies and businesses and private equity transactions, advising private equity houses and management teams on buy-outs and buy-ins. He also specialises in venture capital investments, including advising on funding of start-ups and early stage companies.
- 2019 – Present: Howes Percival LLP, Partner
- 2010 – 2018: Spearing Waite LLP, Partner (Head of Corporate)
- 2007 – 2010: King & Wood Mallesons LLP (SJ Berwin LLP), Associate
- 2004 – 2007: Eversheds LLP, Solicitor
In 2019, Howes Percival LLP‘s team expanded significantly, with corporate partners Jahid Ali and Oliver Brookshaw joining the practice from Spearing Waite alongside banking specialists Haydon Simmonds (also of Spearing Waite) and Ian Ilersic (former Head of Legal at Deutsche Bank). The firm predominantly advises medium and large corporates on M&A, investments, joint ventures and commercial agreements. In a recent work highlight, Daniel Banton served as lead adviser to vendor group Persian Properties Limited on the sale of the entire share capital of Station Road Developments (Management) and SRD (Trading). ‘Exceptionally talented’ partner Gerald Couldrake continues to regularly act for selling shareholders in various industries.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation