Geraint Davies > Howes Percival LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
3 THE OSIERS BUSINESS CENTRE
- Go to...
Geraint is a partner and heads up the litigation team at Howes Percival and has over 20 years’ experience in dealing with high-value commercial and property litigation disputes. Geraint moved from a London firm to join Howes Percival in 1996 and acts on behalf of a wide range of commercial clients, ranging from major PLC’s to owner managed businesses. He regularly deals with complex High Court litigation as well as alternative dispute resolution, including mediation.
Trainee solicitor Mackrell, Turner, Garrett 1991-93; assistant solicitor Mackrell, Turner, Garrett 1993-95; assistant solicitor Reid Minty 1995-96; assistant solicitor Howes Percival 1996-98; associate solicitor Howes Percival 1998-2002; partner Howes Percival 2002 to date.
Kingston Grammar School; Manchester Polytechnic (1988 LLB); Guildford College of Law (LSF 1989).
Cycling, golf, rugby.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Howes Percival LLP‘s property litigation team, which is based in Leicester, is particularly strong in landlord and tenant disputes involving contentious break clauses and dilapidation claims. In addition, it also has notable expertise in insolvency disputes. Geraint Davies has a strong track record in landlord and tenant and project-based disputes, which he has developed over the course of more than 25 years. Satnam Chayra focuses primarily on landlord and tenant claims, and she also excels in general property disputes. Jane Bloomer is also recommended.
Based in Leicester, Howes Percival LLP‘s practice represents public and private companies in a wide range of claims, including partnership and company disputes, professional negligence and public law cases. Geraint Davies has a strong track record acting for clients in High Court litigation, judicial reviews and in ADR proceedings. In a recent highlight, he recently secured a favourable settlement for Intertek Inspection Services UK in a £15m contractual dispute relating to an oil platform off the coast of Nigeria. Satnam Chayra has a wealth of experience of shareholder, director and partnership claims. Associate Gary Pitt has notable expertise in litigation under the Companies Act 2006.
- Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands - East Midlands > Dispute resolution
- Hall of Fame - East Midlands > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Hall of Fame - East Midlands > Real estate > Property litigation
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Real estate > Property litigation
- Property litigation - East Midlands > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation