Catherine Scott > Howes Percival LLP > Norwich, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
1 BEDDING LANE
- Go to...
Charities, farms and estates, tax and wealth management.
Catherine is a partner and an agricultural law expert. She has extensive experience in advising farms and estates including complex high-value transactions and rural property advisory work on partnerships, tenancies and specialist agricultural holdings. She works closely with the tax team on estate planning work. She has many years of experience and offers farmers and landowners clear and sensible advice on their property and estate management issues. Catherine is from an agricultural background and most of her clients are farmers and landowners. She is a fellow of the Agricultural Law Association, she is a Trustee of the Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association and is a Trustee of a number of client family trusts including a large charity.
Qualified Mills & Reeve 1996; solicitor Howes Percival 1996; associate Howes Percival 1999; partner Howes Percival 2001.
Agricultural Law Association; Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association.
Framlingham College, Suffolk; Durham University (1993 LLB Hons); College of Law, York (1994 Legal Practice Course).
Family life and the countryside.
East Anglia > Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
The charities practice at Howes Percival LLP has many partners who act as charity trustees and have experience in dealing with governance issues. The multi-disciplinary group handles charity formation and administration, including advising on new and changed structures, incorporations, conversion, governing documents and mergers. Notable skills include tax advice from the estates practice, which frequently advises on Gift Aid, enhanced legacy income and inheritance tax matters. Head of private client services Catherine Scott is the key contact.
East Anglia > Private client > Agriculture and estatesWithin: Leading individuals -
Howes Percival LLP has a large and diverse client base of substantial landowners, trusts and partnerships. Catherine Scott leads a thriving agricultural property practice that handled large farm transactions and tenancies, basic payment and environmental schemes, and the investigations and registration of complex unregistered titles. Estate management for landed estates included specialist advice on agricultural holdings and protected tenancies. The firm also calls on its specialist tax practice to advice rural clients on matters such as iheritance and capital gains tax. Another key name to note is rising star Katharine Danks.
East Anglia > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: NorwichWithin: Leading individuals -
Howes Percival LLP provides bespoke planning and strategic advice in complex situations to high-net-worth individuals, families and trusts. Catherine Scott is head of the private client services group across all of the firm’s offices and is head of the estates practice. Stuart Maggs is a leading practitioner for strategic planning, management and tax minimisation for trusts, partnerships and companies. Tom Lawrence advises business owners and their families on complex succession and estate planning issues including wills and tax matters.
- Agriculture and estates - East Anglia > Private client
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich - East Anglia > Private client
- Charities and not-for-profit - East Anglia > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Environment & planning
- Real estate > Commercial property: Peterborough
- Real estate > Commercial property: Ipswich
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Social housing
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge