Katie Summers > Howes Percival LLP > Northampton, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
- Go to...
Insolvency & Corporate Recovery
Katie has over 25 years’ experience of dealing with all aspects of both personal and corporate insolvency. In particular, Katie specialises in contentious insolvency, acting predominantly for insolvency practitioner clients in pursuing Insolvency Act claims to achieve maximum recoveries for insolvency estates.
Katie returns to Howes Percival, where her legal career started in 1990, as a result of the transfer of the niche insolvency practice, Summers Nigh Law LLP, to Howes Percival in June 2017.
2017 – Howes Percival LLP (Partner)
2006 – 2017 – Summers Nigh Law LLP (Partner)
1995 -2006 – EMW Law LLP (Associate/Partner)
1990 – 1995 – Howes Percival LLP (Trainee/Solicitor)
Howes Percival LLP‘s Leicester and Northampton team handles a wide range of contentious and transactional mandates, which includes restructurings, debt collection proceedings and insolvencies connected to investment fraud. The practice also distinguishes itself through its work on the government’s Insolvency Service Panel; this includes public interest winding up proceedings involving allegations of fraud. Leicester-based partner Carl Mifflin, who is described as ‘technically excellent’ by one client, often advises business owners on their duties and options during periods of financial difficulty. Katie Summers, who is based in Northampton, is an expert in contentious insolvency.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation