Gillian White > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
Gillian White is an experienced corporate solicitor who is committed to her clients and their commercial success. She is Head of the M&A team and takes the lead on corporate governance services at Howard Kennedy.
Gillian acts for entrepreneurial clients, larger companies and institutions looking to acquire or invest in entrepreneurial businesses. She approaches investments, mergers, joint ventures, company sales and purchases with common sense, risk awareness and creativity.
Gillian provides clients with more than just corporate advice as she also understands intellectual property (IP) and commercial law. She works closely with Howard Kennedy’s IP and Commercial team to offer innovative solutions and opportunities to clients.
She additionally collaborates with Howard Kennedy’s Private Wealth team on helping clients with succession planning and family investment companies and dealing with valuable corporate assets that form part of marital assets or an estate.
Gillian provides corporate governance advice for large companies and significant family businesses.
Her transactional experience means that she is adept at managing complex projects and drawing advice from multiple professional advisers and clients’ commercial teams. Her corporate governance experience means that she is adept at uncovering and understanding competing stakeholder needs and providing pragmatic advice.
Howard Kennedy LLP’s ‘technically very astute’ M&A team enjoyed a very busy 2021; Gillian White is an expert in corporate transactional work, but also acts in an advisory capacity in connection with shareholder disputes and corporate governance matters. Ashley Reeback specialises in all forms of corporate law with an emphasis on M&A and AIM related transactions. Jonathan Polin , also a UK corporate restructuring specialist, has acted on significant UK and European real estate deals and has a broad experience acting for betting and gaming companies. Paul Glassberg has considerable experience in online/tech and fintech, real estate, retail and leisure, and the distressed sectors. Anthony Hunt focuses on the real estate sector, acting for domestic and international investors and developers, in particular in the hotel, retail, restaurant and leisure sectors.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport