Amanda McNeil > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
Real Estate Dispute Resolution
Amanda McNeil specialises in contentious issues relating to commercial and residential property. She focuses on enabling clients to find the best outcome for their unique circumstances. She heads our Real Estate Dispute Resolution team.
Amanda has a diverse client base. She advises landlords, retailers and other commercial occupiers with their asset management needs. She works with commercial developers on restrictive covenant issues, boundary and other disputes. She acts for high-net-worth individuals on disputes relating to their personal property portfolios and their homes in the UK.
Amanda’s expertise in commercial property disputes includes acting on Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 lease renewals (including opposed renewals), forfeiture actions, rent recovery, service charge disputes, dilapidations claims, enforcement of covenants, and withholding of consent to assign/sublet/carry out alterations.
She additionally guides clients through original tenant liability and liability of guarantors, rent review advice, disputes over rent deposits, and property insolvency issues.
Meanwhile, her residential property experience includes advising on exercising the right to manage, service charge disputes, enforcement of covenants, and possession proceedings (both Rent Act tenancies and Assured Shorthold tenancies).
Amanda acts for landlords and tenants advising on all aspects of leasehold enfranchisement including lease extensions of flats, collective enfranchisement (whereby the leaseholders in a building join together and buy the freehold), freehold purchase and lease extension of leasehold houses.
She works closely with her clients and their professional advisers to create a strategy and approach that seeks to achieve the best possible outcome in line with their unique needs.
Her alternative dispute resolution experience includes mediation, arbitration and advocacy. She represents clients in the Privy Council, Court of Appeal, High Court, County Court and increasingly in the First-tier Tribunal and Upper Chamber.
Amanda is a member of the Property Litigation Association, the Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners and Women in Property.
Howard Kennedy LLP has a record of working with a broad range of clients, from Battersea Power Station Development Company and Clivedale Properties, to Pandora Jewellery and Freedom Sportsline Limited. Amanda McNeil heads the practice and is often sought for advisory over rent disputes. Bhavini Patel is noted for her vast experience representing retail and leisure tenant clients in rent arrear matters. Another individual to note is Hollie Wright; she is entrusted with representing long leasehold owners of high value residential property.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport