Jane Amphlett > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
Jane Amphlett provides strategic and pragmatic advice in all areas of employment law and partnership disputes. She is Head of Howard Kennedy’s Employment and Immigration team.
Working closely with business leaders, including HR directors and senior executives, she provides commercial legal input into business critical issues. These include strategic, boardroom and partner appointments and terminations.
She advises on discrimination prevention and litigation, as well as, investigations including into harassment allegations and complex grievance complaints.
Jane regularly advises on team moves and other restrictive covenant and garden leave enforcement, confidentiality breaches and data protection issues. She helps businesses to facilitate local and international redundancies and restructuring. She advises many clients in the financial services and other regulated sectors and professional practices.
Jane is a member of the Employment Lawyers’ Association Standing Committee on Sexual Harassment.
Jane Amphlett leads the employment team at Howard Kennedy LLP, where she is a recognised expert in discrimination, whistleblowing and harassment claims. ‘Extremely knowledgeable in her field’ of sports and transportation, Sam Murray-Hinde is the go-to counsel for employee issues in a unionised environment and in tribunals. Clients largely hail from the retail, charitable organisations, leisure, media and financial services.
Howard Kennedy LLP serves both partnerships and individuals from the legal profession, hedge funds, private equity houses and property investment partnerships. It can advise on the gamut of partnership issues from formations through to disputes regarding exits. It also advises on related employment, financial and professional regulatory and tax matters. Whilst it undertakes litigation, it seek to resolve disputes or mediate before formal disputes arise. A key sector for the team is real estate where it regularly advises on establishing partnerships for property holding and investment. Robert Craig advises on partnership formations and structures and on disputes while Jane Amphlett principally handles contentious partnership cases, advising on areas including partner appointments and departures and restrictive covenants. Sam Murray-Hinde is also experienced across all partnership issues including regulatory-related investigations and discrimination claims.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport