James Meakin > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
James Meakin is a Partner and is the head of the firm’s Tax practice. He has a broad practice and advises a variety of clients in relation to the tax issues facing their business and transactions.
James advises on all aspects of UK and international tax and focuses on the tax aspects of corporate and real estate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, group reorganisations, joint ventures, financing, venture capital and private equity from both a UK and cross-border perspective.
His corporate tax practice includes advising multinational and private companies and their owners and managers on tax issues arising in relation to acquisitions and disposals, reorganisations, demergers and tax planning. His real estate tax practice includes advising companies, their shareholders and funds on the tax issues relevant to structuring, financing or developing land and also advising on the transactional tax issues which can arise, including VAT and SDLT.
James’s clients include private companies, owner managers, private equity houses, financial institutions, funds and multinational enterprises.
James also advises and has a particular interest in tax efficient investment including in relation to the tax advantaged venture capital schemes.
James is a member of the Chartered Institute of Tax.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport