Mr Valerian Cioclei > Zamfirescu Racoti Vasile & Partners > Bucharest, Romania > Lawyer Profile
Zamfirescu Racoti Vasile & Partners Offices
12 PLANTELOR STREET
- Go to...
Mr Valerian Cioclei
Partner of Counsel
With a professional experience of over 30 years, Valerian Cioclei is a doctor professor at the Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest (Criminology and Criminal Law), national expert from Romania (nominated by the National Association of Romanian Bars) in the Draft of the European Bar Council (CCBE) to the Rights of the Charge, as well as a visiting Professor of Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne University.
Valerian Cioclei was a member of the Drafting Commission of the New Criminal Code and trainer at the National Institute of Magistracy.
He has published over 20 books, 49 articles, as a single author or co-author, and has participated in more than 50 national or international conferences.
At the beginning of June 2017, Professor Cioclei became Of Counsel at ZRVP.
Bucharest Bar | 1993
The High Court of Justice and Cassation
Romanian, English, French
National Association of Romanian Bars
- BA in Law, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest | 1984
- Summer classes, International Law Academy, Haga | 1992
- Internship at the International Human Rights Center on “Drafting International Reports”, Geneva | 1992
- Post-graduate courses; Diploma of in-depth studies ”Droit penal et sciences criminelles”; Faculty of Law, University of Montpelier I, France | 1990-1991
- Internships at the Faculty of Law, University of Montpelier I, France | 1995 – 1999
- Doctor in Law, with the mention “Tres honorable aves les felicitations du jury”, Faculty of Law, University of Montpelier I, France | 1999
- Doctor in Law, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest | 1999
- Internship in the field of distance learning, Florida State University | 2005
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Zamfirescu Racoti Vasile & Partners is commended for its ‘exceptional competence‘ and ‘deep understanding of criminal law’. The firm’s multifaceted disputes practice makes it a strong choice for complex cases involving a broad range of overlapping white-collar crime issues, including claims-linked public procurement, capital markets, taxation and intellectual property. The specialist team is led by Valerian Cioclei, a former prosecutor with over 40 years’ market experience. Calin-Andrei Zamfirescu, who is regularly involved in high-profile domestic and cross-border prosecutions and fraud claims, is another key contact. Managing associate Doru Cosmin Ursu is noted as ‘a strategic thinker‘, while George Avram is ‘passionate and thoughtful about every issue in the case‘.