Mr Victor Petrov > VEGAS LEX > Moscow, Russia > Lawyer Profile
VEGAS LEX Offices
52, KOSMODAMIANSKAYA EMBANKMENT
- Go to...
Mr Victor Petrov
Head of Litigation practice
- Representing Clients in arbitrazh courts in commercial, corporate, insurance, and other disputes
- Protecting Clients in bankruptcy disputes
- Representing Clients in courts of general jurisdiction
Practical legal work experience – since 2009
- Present – VEGAS LEX law firm, Head of Litigation practice
- VEGAS LEX law firm, senior associate, Litigation practice
- JSC Bank of Moscow, lead counsel
- Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, post-graduate full-time studies, a degree of Candidate of Legal Sciences
- Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of Law, specialized in law
VEGAS LEX is consistently engaged on bankruptcy proceedings aiming to establish the subsidiary liability of controlling debtors, with a particular strength in developing clients’ litigation strategy. Debt restructuring advice is another mainstay of the practice. Following the departure of former practice head Alexander Vyazovik in May 2020, managing partner Alexander Sitnikov and litigation practice head Victor Petrov took over the leadership of the bankruptcy group.
VEGAS LEX’s ‘deep knowledge of procedural and substantive law’ makes it a destination of choice for clients in the oil and gas, metals and mining, construction and banking sectors. The team handles the pre-trial and trial stages of disputes involving contractual, bankruptcy, regulatory, debt recovery and corporate claims. Practice head Victor Petrov has additional expertise in insurance disputes. Managing partner Alexander Sitnikov is a key contact for contentious corporate and commercial issues. Senior associate Stanislav Matyushov is also noted.