Adrian Marsh > Hill Dickinson LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Hill Dickinson LLP Offices
50 FOUNTAIN STREET
- Go to...
Cargo and transit.
Head of cargo and logistics team. Expertise covers litigation and commercial work within the marine insurance, logistics, shipping and trade sectors. Dispute resolution experience includes: cargo recovery claims; transit liability claims (all modes); bills of lading/charterparty disputes; marine insurance coverage disputes and policy interpretation; lien and insolvency disputes; arbitration and mediation; freight recovery claims; Commercial experience includes advising/preparing logistics and supplier agreements, charterparties and COAs, standard trading conditions and bill of lading terms.
Trained Hill Dickinson; qualified 1997; partner 2002. Head of cargo and logistics team 2005.
Manchester Marine Insurance Association (treasurer); Manchester Law Society.
Cowley Grammar School; Anglia University.
Cycling, football, rugby, skiing, music and travel.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Hill Dickinson LLP‘s cargo and logistics team focuses on the marine insurance, cargo, logistics and warehousing industries. Key areas of work include insurance and subrogated recovery, marine policy coverage issues, charterparty and bill of lading disputes, salvage and general average, freight recovery and liens, customs & excise issues and disputes, and risk and crisis management. Adrian Marsh heads the team and handles litigation arising from logistics, shipping and marine insurance coverage disputes in England and overseas. Caroline Bridge has significant expertise in drafting and advising upon service level agreements and standard trading conditions. Richard Allingham is also recommended.
Hill Dickinson LLP‘s team acts for a range of owners, charterers and insurers; key figures in the team include master mariner Tony Goldsmith, who was recently appointed as head of marine and trade, and legal director Tom Burdass . Adrian Marsh in Manchester leads the team’s cargo and logistics group, while Tony Allen heads the yachts group. Russell Gardner is known for his work in dry shipping disputes. The practice has also recently handled sanctions work, led by Siiri Duddington, while David Pitlarge is an praised as an ‘excellent lawyer with a great deal of experience of shipping law matters’. Robert Wallis is active in casualty work. Former global practice head Julian Clark left the team in 2019 to join Ince, while marine head David Wareing is retiring in autumn 2020.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant