Adrian Marsh > Hill Dickinson LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Hill Dickinson LLP Offices
50 FOUNTAIN STREET
- Go to...
Cargo and transit.
Head of cargo and logistics team. Expertise covers litigation and commercial work within the marine insurance, logistics, shipping and trade sectors. Dispute resolution experience includes: cargo recovery claims; transit liability claims (all modes); bills of lading/charterparty disputes; marine insurance coverage disputes and policy interpretation; lien and insolvency disputes; arbitration and mediation; freight recovery claims; Commercial experience includes advising/preparing logistics and supplier agreements, charterparties and COAs, standard trading conditions and bill of lading terms.
Trained Hill Dickinson; qualified 1997; partner 2002. Head of cargo and logistics team 2005.
Manchester Marine Insurance Association (treasurer); Manchester Law Society.
Cowley Grammar School; Anglia University.
Cycling, football, rugby, skiing, music and travel.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Hill Dickinson LLP specialises in cargo and logistics work for national and international clients. Areas of expertise include litigation, arbitration, supply chain issues and agreements, cargo insurance, marine policy coverage, salvage, freight debt recovery, customs and excise issues and risk management. Clients sectors include marine insurance, cargo, logistics and warehousing. Adrian Marsh heads the team and focuses on litigation and arbitration. Legal director Richard Allingham deals with subrogated recovery claims and liability matters, while legal director Caroline Bridge , an employed barrister, specialises in drafting and advising on service level agreements and standard trading conditions in the logistics industry.(Leading individuals)
Hill Dickinson LLP is ‘highly recommended‘ for shipping work; the ‘growing‘ team welcomed Beth Bradley from Clyde & Co LLP and has also made several hires internationally. The London team, which is supported by its international network of experts, handles a raft of wet and dry work and has recently been instructed on several high-profile casualty claims and dry shipping disputes. Its clients include ship owners, P&I Clubs, traders, salvors and insurers. It also has a strong cruise sector following. Global head of shipping Julian Clark led advice for The Lion Group on a dispute brought by Classic Maritime Inc, which examines issues regarding force majeure and exception clauses. Head of yachts Tony Allen focuses on yacht insurance disputes and transactions, while David Pitlarge is noted for his experience in dry shipping work and Adrian Marsh, who is based in Manchester, is head of cargo and logistics. Consultant Robert Wallis specialises in admiralty law.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Human resources > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Human resources > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property