Ian Gillis > Hill Dickinson LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Hill Dickinson LLP Offices
50 FOUNTAIN STREET
- Go to...
Partner and head of the Manchester corporate team. His particular expertise covers private and public corporate finance work including initial public offerings (IPOs) on AIM and the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, public takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, disposals, and corporate governance matters.
He has extensive capital markets experience advising companies on IPOs, rights issues, class transactions and takeovers in addition to advising investment banks (including Zeus Capital, Cenkos Securities, WH Ireland and Allenby Capital). Deals include £70m IPO of Nanoco Group plc, £120m placing and open offer for Stobart group, £280m disposal of Eddie Stobart logistics business, disposal of Smith Knight Fay to EMH plc, sale of Swift Fire & Security to Marlowe plc and public takeover of Vindon Healthcare plc.
Ian also sits on the firm’s LLP board.
Trained DWF; qualified 1999; partner DWF 2005; partner Hammonds 2008; partner Hill Dickinson 2010.
Sutton High School; Sheffield University (1995 LLB); Chester College of Law (1997 LPC).
4th Dan black belt in karate – represented England, golf, running and football
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Hill Dickinson LLP’s mid-market focused North West corporate team is best known for its equity capital markets, private equity and M&A work. Jointly led by Ian Gillis and Mark Fitzgibbon, the practice prides itself on its reputation for commerciality and successfully closing transactions. Key client sectors include logistics, health, manufacturing, education, retail, leisure, tech and local government. Other key partners include the ‘brilliant‘ Ian Riggs, Jonathan Gillow and David Mkhitarian.
- Leading individuals - North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial: Manchester - North West > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant