Geraldine Ryan > Hill Dickinson LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Hill Dickinson LLP Offices
50 FOUNTAIN STREET
- Go to...
Heads the firm’s commercial litigation team. Head of Manchester office
University of Sheffield.
North West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
Hill Dickinson LLP handles shareholder and partnership disputes, professional negligence claims, breach of contract claims, international arbitration, breach of confidence and misuse of confidential information claims and tax disputes. Other areas of expertise include multi-jurisdictional disputes, mis-selling claims against financial institutions, IP disputes, defamation, group litigation, judicial reviews, procurement claims and product liability claims. Fiona Parry and Manchester-based Geraldine Ryan head the team. Newly promoted legal director Daniel Keating is also recommended.
North West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: ManchesterWithin: Leading individuals -
Hill Dickinson LLP handles the full range of commercial disputes, from routine work to high-value, complex litigation and arbitration. The team, which has secured a number of very high-profile court win in recent months, has recently seen an increase in work on high value commercial fraud-related matters. Geraldine Ryan heads the team while also advising on complex high value disputes and reputation management issues. Christopher Tyrrell has a particular focus on procurement disputes and disputes for NHS bodies. Sharon Williamson was promoted to partner; Andrew Little is also recommended.
North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
Hill Dickinson LLP‘s sports practice handles commercial contracts, disputes, disciplinary and regulatory matters and reputation and brand management. Clients include clubs, promoters, athletes, sports governing bodies, events and sponsors. Geraldine Ryan, London-based consultant Louise Millington-Roberts and Sue Russell head the team. Ryan has a focus on breach of contract claims while Russell focuses on providing constitutional and commercial advice to sporting organisations.
London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
Hill Dickinson LLP‘s sports group are particularly well known for their commercial and regulatory disputes work for clients including football clubs, sportspeople and media agencies. The team’s growing commercial sports arm spans sponsorship deals, supply agreements, hospitality agreements, IP and brand licensing. Consultant Louise Millington-Roberts specialises in advising governing bodies, clubs, event hosts, sponsors and athletes on global rights and brand management issues and has specific expertise in the area of ticketing. Partner Geraldine Ryan focuses predominantly on dispute resolution and reputation management for clients such as footballers.
- Commercial litigation: Liverpool - North West > Dispute resolution
- Commercial litigation: Manchester - North West > Dispute resolution
- Leading individuals - North West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Sport - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Human resources > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Human resources > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property