Ian Gardiner > Hill Dickinson LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Hill Dickinson LLP Offices
50 FOUNTAIN STREET
- Go to...
Health services team, health litigation.
Training with the firm and then qualifying in 1999 before becoming a partner in 2003, Ian specialises in defending clinical negligence and employers’ liability/public liability claims (EL/PL) in the NHS setting. He also advises on most other healthcare issues and manages the Manchester health litigation team.
A nominated partner for clinical negligence and EL/PL claims for the NHS Litigation Authority, ian also lectures widely to clients on health litigation topics.
Trained Hill Dickinson 1997-99, qualified 1999, solicitor Hill Dickinson 1999-2003, partner 2003.
French - basic
Ilkley Grammar School (1986-1991); Durham University (1994 LLB Hons); College of Law, York (1995 LPC).
Most sports (particularly football), gym, fell walking.
Hill Dickinson LLP‘s clinical negligence defence team enjoys an excellent reputation, holding places on a number major national healthcare panels such as the Medical Protection Society and NHS Resolution. The group also acts for a significant number of NHS Trusts throughout the country. The ‘dynamic and astute’ Andrew Craggs and Ian Gardiner jointly lead the department, while other key team members include Richard Watson, David Locke, Mike McKenna, Philip Bradbury and Andrew Leslie. Joanne Hughes was promoted to partner in May 2018.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Human resources > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Human resources > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property